If you have restless genes, you may carry a super human power. This power is the ability to hyperfocus. Wikipedia describes the term hyperfocus an an intense mental state where one can focus on a subject, topic or task. Hyperfocusing also includes the ability to tune out the "unimportant" distractions and allows one to concentrate for hours at a time.
|My favorite People's toy|
This amazing super human power originated with our ancestors long ago. They hunted in order to survive. They needed the power of hyperfocusing to find, track, zone in and kill their hunt, while being aware of their environment and surroundings. The act of hunting could take several hours to several days. This high level of concentration still remains in some of us today. Since only a portion of humans live with this ability, it isn't easily understood by the majority of people. This misunderstanding can lead to communication and relationship problems. Some people may view the ability to hyperfocus as forgetfulness, rudeness, ignorance, isolation and being self centered. On the flip side, hyperfocusing presents a precious gift and super human power. This allows people to:
1) Complete a project in record time
2) Work well under extreme pressure with distractions
3) Concentrate on details, while working through complex multitiered projects
3) Maintain high levels of dopamine to remain "happy", then feeling a "high" upon completing a task
4) Stir inner creativity
5) Excel in sports by being able to zone in and practice, practice, practice
If you've ever found yourself tuned and zoned in, you may possess this unique super human power.